TOSCO and ELOOLO offers you the opportunity to travel clean by planting trees in order to offset your vehicle’s direct carbon emissions:
- 3 000km trips trough Namibia on average
- Large/long 4×4 (18l diesel/100km) = 5 trees
- SUV/4×4 (14l/100km) = 4 trees
- 40 seater bus (30l/100km) = 10 trees
- Quantum mini bus (18l/100km) = 5 trees
Technical data for calculations:
- 1 tree can absorb ca 22kg CO2 on average per life time*
- 1l of diesel = 2 640g CO2
- 1 tree cost NAD 450.00 (incl. service: growing, planting, maintenance)
Eloolo will run the offsetting operations including developing and maintaining an online CO2 calculator, grow trees for planting (offsetting) as well as planting and maintenance of trees.
- Eloolo will initially source the trees and grow their own at a later stage.
- Eloolo will plan, plant and care for the trees. All trees will be planted as part of a Permaculture system including food forest/gardens and reforesting etc
- Eloolo together with TOSCO will develop additional offsetting options and services such as: rocket stoves and community programs (eg tree planting).
- TOSCO and/or Eloolo identified sites & community
- Reforesting, community forests etc
- Agro forestry
- Renewable energy projects eg solar, wind, biogas
- Rocket stoves
- Trees: local/indigenous as well as non-indigenous eg fruit trees
“JOIN US TO MAKE YOUR TRAVEL CLEAN AND RESPONSIBLE”
The Tree nursery situated in at Dagbreek Windhoek school can be visited upon appointment:
C/o John Ludwig & Hebenstreit Strasse
Tel: +264 61 227901 Fax: +264 61 250384